HTC, in collaboration with Mobilink, has launched the android smartphone “Butterfly” in Pakistan. In a event held in Lahore on Friday, HTC and Mobilink representatives met with the bloggers and media persons. A brief presentation and hands-on experience of the HTC Butterfly was provided.
I am not sure why they have left the flagship device HTC One behind and introduced Butterfly with a hefty price tag. No doubt HTC Butterfly is a good phone, Hardware specifications are amazing but the outdated Sense UI 4+ and an uncomfortable size are the deal breaker.
Have a look at some of the key features of this device:
- 5″ 16M-color 1080p Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen display
- Curved Gorilla Glass 2 & 441ppi pixel density
- Polycarbonate unibody design
- Android OS v4.1.1 Jelly Bean with Sense 4+ UI
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 16GB of built-in storage; microSD card slot
- MHL-enabled microUSB port, Bluetooth v4.0 and NFC
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
Speaking at the occasion Mr. John Wang, Chief marketing officer, HTC Corporation said
Quietly brilliant is doing great things in a humble way, with the belief that the best things in life can only be experienced, not explained, The YOU campaign is a perfect embodiment of ‘quietly brilliant’ and is core to HTC as a company, innovator and partner.
Mr Moied Javeed, Director Marketing (Mobile Internet) said:
Mobilink continues to be the leading telecom services provider of Pakistan because of our continuous strives to innovate and offer our customers the best products and services from across the world. We are glad to partner with HTC and Brightex to bring this one-of-a-kind phone to our customers across Pakistan.
Google Pakistan’s Country consultant Badar Khushnood was also present at the occasion and asked the Bloggers if they have any specific questions regarding Android.
HTC Butterfly is available in the Market for a price of Rs. 70,000 with one year Brightex Warranty. Consumers will be able to enjoy various add-ons provided by Mobilink, including a 30 days exclusive bundle, 1 GB internet, as well as a pouch and protector.