Finally Huawei brought its much awaited 6.1″ Android phablet, Ascend Mate in Pakistan – though the official launch is still pending until next week. This phablet is the world’s second largest in terms of screen size, as Samsung Galaxy Mega takes the lead with 6.3″ screen. This phablet was announced at CES in January, with other devices like Ascend W1, Y300 and D2 etc.
For those who are not familiar with the term “Phablet”, its a combination of Phone and Tablet. That means features of a smartphone and screen size of a tablet. The phablets are not quite common as the normal sized smartphones or tablets yet but their popularity is increasing day by day.
Some of the distinctive features of Ascend Mate are:
- 6.1″ IPS capacitive touchscreen, with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 720×1280 pixels resolution an 241 ppi pixel density
- Huawei K3V2 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage, memory expandable up to 32GB
- Intel XMM6260 modem supports 5 frequency bands
- 8MP auto-focus camera with LED flash on the back and 1MP camera
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 out of box with Emotion UI 1.5
- 4050 mAh battery for longer talk time and standby
This phablet is available in Pakistan for a price of Rs. 38,000 under one year warranty of Airlink Communication, the official distributor of Huawei products in Pakistan. Its available in two colors, black and white.
The build quality of this
phone phablet is very good, though its huge and some people might find it difficult to hold or carry the device with them. But for those who want the tablet experience on their smartphones Ascend Mate is a worthy choice, as no phablet in the Pakistani market is available in this price range.
We will bring you an exclusive review and hands-on video of Ascend mate very soon so keep checking back.