After the images and specifications leak, Samsung officially announced the Samsung GALAXY S4 zoom, combining 10x Optical Zoom, 16 Mega Pixel CMOS Sensor, OIS and Xenon Flash with the latest Samsung GALAXY S4 technology.
According to JK Shin President & CEO Samsung:
The Samsung GALAXY S4 zoom represents yet another step forward in the way Samsung is working to enhance the lives of our customers around the world. As communication continues to become increasingly visual in nature, people wish to capture and share their moments in the highest quality possible, but often do not have the space or inclination to carry a dedicated camera for this purpose. The GALAXY S4 zoom changes this forever, combining the industry leading functionality and connectivity of the GALAXY S4 with the high quality photographic experience you’d expect from a compact camera. The result is truly the best of both worlds, without compromise.
Key specifications of this device are:
- 16 megapixel camera with Xenon Flash and 1.9 megapixel front camera
- 24mm wide lens with 10X Optical Zoom
- 1.5 Ghz dual-core processor with 1.5 GB RAM with 8 GB internal storage
- 4.3 inch Super AMOLED display with qHD resolution with Gorilla Glass 3
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with Samsung’s Nature UI
- 15.4mm thick and weighs only 208g
- Voice calling capability and 4G LTE supported
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 30fps
- HDR mode and Optical Image Stabilization
- microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Infrared, GPS, Wifi Hotspot
- 2330 mAh battery
Samsung announced the availability of this device at the end of this year in US, Europe and Asia. No word on the pricing yet.