Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has announced the next flagship in Redmi series, dubbed as Redmi Note today at an event in China.
This device is the first one from Xiaomi to feature an OLED display and a dual-camera setup, found mostly on the high-end and premium devices.
The base price for Redmi Pro is just RMB 1499, which translates to $225. At this price the phone offers an amazing set of specifications.
Redmi Pro Key Specifications:
- Premium unibody, brushed aluminum design
- 2.5D glass, 5.5″ 1080p OLED display
- Helio X25, 10-core processor, Mali T-880 GPU
- 4GB of RAM, 128GB expandable storage
- Redmi Dual Camera, 13MP Sony Lens + 5MP Samsung Assistive Sensor
- 4050mAh battery with quick charging support
- 4G LTE, VoLTE, Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Super fast, fingerprint scanning technology
- USB Type-C and IR Blaster
- Android Marshmallow with MIUI 8
Redmi Pro will be available in three colors Gold, Silver, Dark Grey. The price for 3GB/32GB version is $225, for 3GB/64GB it is $255 and 4GB/128GB is priced at $300.
Xiaomi established the Redmi (means rice) series in 2013 and till now it has managed to 110 million Redmi phones globally.