A couple of weeks ago Xiaomi, the Chinese electronics maker surprised smartphone enthusiasts with its edgeless Mi MIX concept phone. The phone brings a futuristic design by removing the top border alltogether. Other than that it packs top of line hardware and manages to cost only $515.
Xiaomi has offered a limited quantity for sale on November 4th in China only and it was all gone in less than 10 seconds. However, it was never revealed that how many devices were offered for sale.
Xiaomi will keep the production low:
Some reports from Chinese media revealed that Xiaomi will manufacture only 10,000 Mi MIX phones each month. So we can assume that the maximum number sold would be equal to that number.
Nonetheless this is a great achievement for Xiaomi, that this young Chinese brand is now recognized globally and competes with the likes of Samsung and Apple.
Key Specifications of Xiaomi Mi MIX:
- Cermaic Design, Borderless Display
- 6.4” rounded screen, with 2040×1080 pixel resolution, 17:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB non-expandable storage
- 16-megapixel, f/2.0 primary camera, PDAF & 4K video
- 5-megapixel secondary camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dual SIM 4G LTE
- 4,400 mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- USB Type-C
- MIUI 8 Operating System