The famed Chinese brand Xiaomi has announced an ultra-slim smartphone Mi 5c at the MWC today. It is the first smartphone to feature Xiaomi’s in-house designed System on a chip called Surge S1.
The phone layout and other specifications aren’t so different from its predecessors released this year and the key highlight is the new Surge S1 chipset.
The new chipset features an octa-core 64-bit processor (2.2GHz quad-core A53 + 1.4GHz quad-core A53) with Mali-T860MP4 GPU. In terms of performance this processor should match Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625, which means that it will provide a smooth user experience without sacrificing battery life.
The Mi 5c will be available in China starting next month for a price of 1500 RMB which roughly translates to Rs. 23,000.
Mi 5c at a Glance:
- Ultra slim, lightweight Metal Construtction, 1.6 mm bezels
- 5.15-inch display, 550-nit brightness,1080p resolution
- Xiaomi Surge S1 octa-core processor, Mali-T860MP4 GPU
- 3GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage (no card slot)
- 12-Megapixel camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25µm pixels, PDAF, LED flash
- 8-Megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Home key Fingerprint sensor, Dual SIM 4GLTE and USB Type-C
- 2860mAh battery; 9V/2A fast charging
- Android 7.1 Nougat Operating System, MIUI
- Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold
Can you buy Xiaomi Mi 5c in Pakistan?
While Xiaomi has officially launched its smartphones in Pakistan through a local distributor recently, we might not see this phone come to Pakistan immediately. Since newer models are high in demand, distributors have to pay more to get inventory. That’s why they wait 5-6 months before placing order, when they can get reasonable discounts.