Since the last couple of years, micro-blogging platform Twitter has been actively working to reduce spam and abuse on its network.
In doing so, Twitter will now allow users to mute notifications from people who don’t follow you as well as people who you don’t follow and the new accounts. Although company haven’t mentioned, how it defines a new account.
The latest update also gives users the option to stop getting notifications from the accounts who don’t have a profile picture, confirmed email and confirmed phone number.
These settings can be accessed by going into Notifications > Settings > Advanced Filters option of Twitter.
By enabling quality filter and choosing to disable these notifications, you can have peace of mind and, here is a list of notifications you can disable.
- Accounts that are new (that you don’t follow).
- Accounts that don’t follow you (that you don’t follow).
- Accounts you don’t follow.
- Accounts with a default profile photo (that you don’t follow).
- Accounts without a confirmed email address (that you don’t follow).
- Accounts without a confirmed phone number (that you don’t follow).