Today in Munich, Huawei announced the Huawei Mate 10 Series, which will open the door to new AI mobile applications.
The Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, and Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 are breakthrough AI devices that combine innovative hardware, the Kirin 970 chipset and EMUI 8.0. The Huawei Mate 10 Series continues its legacy of superior product performance and long-lasting battery life, while integrating New Leica Dual Camera technology.
“As we enter the age of intelligence, AI is no longer a virtual concept but something that intertwines with our daily life. AI can enhance user experience, provide valuable services and improve product performance,” said Richard Yu, CEO, Huawei Consumer Business Group. “The Huawei Mate 10 Series introduces the first mobile AI-specific Neural Network Processing Unit, launching a new era of intelligent smartphones.”
Key features include:
- Kirin 970, the world’s first AI processor for smartphones with a dedicated Neural Network Processing Unit (NPU)
- 3D Glass Body featuring a barely-there-bezel, HUAWEI FullView Display and HDR10 supported technology for intensely vivid and brighter colors
- TÜV Fast-Charge Safety Certified HUAWEI SuperCharge and 4000 mAh battery with AI-powered Battery Management
- New Leica Dual Camera with SUMMILUX-H lenses, with both featuring an aperture of f/1.6, and intelligent photography including AI-powered Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition and AI-powered Bokeh Effect
- An all-new, simplified EMUI 8.0 based on Android™ 8.0.
Huawei also launched three Huawei Mate 10 accessories: the EnVizion 360 Camera, SuperCharge Power Bank, and Smart Scale.
- The EnVizion 360 Camera can shoot 5K photos and 360-degree 2K videos with multiple viewing modes for users to share across their social media channels.
- Huawei’s SuperCharge Power Bank supports a 4.5V / 5A low-voltage fast charge.
- The Smart Scale can monitor and analyze health information such as body fat percentage and Body Mass Index through a mobile app.
Pricing and Availability
The new HUAWEI Mate 10 will be available starting in late October in more than 15 countries and regions including Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia. The HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro will be available beginning in mid-November in more than two dozen countries, including Germany, France, Italy, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The Porsche Design HUAWEI Mate 10 will also be available starting in mid-November. The Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro will also be available in Pakistan from November. Mate 10 is priced at €699, whereas the Mate 10 Pro has a price tag of €799.