Mobilink, the largest operator by subscriptions in Pakistan has finally launched its 3G packages. Mobilink’s 3G service is currently available in select areas of Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Multan, Faisalabad, Quetta, Peshawar, Gujranwala, Sialkot and Hyderabad.
To avail the 3G service, the customer must have 3G enabled smartphone. To activate service, dial *443# and select the “3G activation” option. Alternatively, send SUB to 7003 for 3G activation.
3G bundles are non-recursive and pulse size is 64 KB. 3G bundles can be subscribed and consumed in both 2G and 3G networks. If the customer is not subscribed to any bundle, it will be charged according to base rate i.e. PKR 18/ MB.
Here are the complete details about 3G bundles:
Terms & Conditions:
- 3G bundles are non-recursive and pulse size is 64 KB. 3G bundles can be subscribed and consumed in both 2G and 3G networks. 3G bundles can be consumed at 3G speed within 3G network and at best possible speed within 2G network.
- 3G and video calling services will work on existing SIM card. You will require a 3G enabled handset and be within a 3G coverage area to enjoy Mobilink 3G services.
- Actual Internet speed will depend on multiple factors like device, web pages accessed, time of day, number of simultaneous users, distance from 3G site etc.
- Tax is not applicable on Mobile Internet Usage and subscription charges.
- Offered 3G data bundles will not auto-subscribe. Bundles need to be subscribed again upon expiry.
- Base rate is a default rate. This means that if you are not subscribed to any bundle, you will be charged according to base rate i.e. PKR 18/ MB at 2G speed even if subscriber is connected to a 3G network. Charging pulse will be 64 KB.
- Video call will be activated by default along with 3G services. The billing pulse for Video Calling is 30 seconds. Currently only on-net Video Calling is available.
- Video Calling is only possible in 3G network and will require a handset capable of making a video call.